Student Leadership Institute
The Student Leadership Institute is a week long intensive, interactive, and stimulating learning program for newly elected student leaders from many Historically Black Colleges/Universities who are committed to uplifting their organizations and their schools. It takes place in late spring at Bowie State University.
The primary goal of the institute is to prepare participants to develop resourceful solutions to the problems they are likely to encounter as a student leader on their respective campuses.
More specifically, the goals of the institute for student leaders of HBCUs are:
- To understand the mission and need for HBCUs
- To understand the pivotal and important role of student leaders on these campuses
- To develop an appreciation for planning and organizing in the development of students
- To serve as the catalyst on their respective campuses for empowerment and change
- To have a solid understanding of leadership development and its principles and service in the black community as it relates to the world and nation's uplift and progress
- To be able to look at themselves as a part of a team with administration and faculty instead of separate entities
For more information, call the Division of Student Affairs and Campus Life at 301-860-3390.
Make Check Payable To:
Student Leadership Institute/Special Events
Purchase Orders are Accepted.
Electronically Submit or Mail Completed Form.
Mail completed checks and forms to:
Bowie State University
Office of Student Life
14000 Jericho Park Road
Bowie, MD 20715