November 10, 2021
COVID-19 booster shots will be available to members of the Bowie State University campus community and family members during a special vaccine clinic on Tuesday, Nov. 16, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. The clinic is sponsored by the BSU Wellness Center in partnership with the Governor’s Equity Task Force as part of the ongoing effort to maintain a healthy campus and protect against the spread of the virus.
Booster shots and first-dose shots for Pfizer, Moderna and Jansen J&J will be available for BSU students, faculty, staff and their family members in the Center for Natural Sciences, Mathematics and Nursing, Beacon room. No appointment required.
COVID booster eligibility rules will be observed:
- Completed Janssen J&J vaccine at least 2 months ago and are age 18 and older
- Completed 2 doses of either the Pfizer or the Moderna vaccine at least 6 months ago and are age 65 and older or have high risk health conditions
- Due to the relative density of the campus, all BSU members 18 or older, are eligible to receive a booster shot
Vaccination Compliance Required for Spring Semester Registration
Registration for all students for winter session or spring semester courses begins on Nov. 29. Students who have not completed all of the required vaccinations will be unable to register until they are in compliance. Required vaccinations include COVID-19, measles/mumps/rubella, tuberculosis and meningitis. Proof of vaccination should be uploaded to the Wellness Portal to have registration holds removed. Please contact the Wellness Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (301) 860-4170 with questions.
Regular Testing and Screening Keeps the Campus Safe
Regular COVID-19 testing in our vaccinated BSU community and the daily symptom screening provide an extra line of defense to protect one another. Active participation of everyone on campus in these simple required tasks helps keep occurrence of the virus very low on campus.
- Vaccinated persons must test once every 30 days
- Persons with exemptions must test twice per week
- Everyone is encouraged to upload your photo into the badge for ease of identification at checkpoints. Simply upload your photo into your profile in the Wellness Portal.