July 7, 2021
If you are a Bowie State University staff person, you should be in the final stages of preparing for your return to in-person work on campus on July 12. In addition to getting your work wardrobe laid out, here are a few other tasks to complete to make sure your first days back run smoothly.
Report record of completed vaccination to the Henry Wise Wellness Center
- Take a photo of your vaccination card and upload it to the Wellness Patient Portal. If you have misplaced your card or need help uploading, you can grant permission for the Wellness Center to access your record from the Maryland Health Department. Just complete the ImmuNet Consent Form in the Wellness Portal under the Clearance tab.
- Complete a COVID-19 test on or before your first day of work to turn your badge green. For vaccinated individuals, the badge will remain green for 30 days and provide easy access to campus through the entrance checkpoints. Daily symptom screening is required to maintain the green badge.
- If you have uploaded your vaccination information and experience delays in the updating of your status, please email the Wellness Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Campus access for persons granted vaccine exemptions
- Persons granted a medical or religious exemption must be tested twice each week to obtain a green badge for access to the campus. Complete the appropriate form to request an exemption.
Telework must be approved in advance
- All previous telework agreements are discontinued as of July 12.
- Review the Telework Policy (docx) and complete the Telework Agreement (docx), both available on the Human Resources forms page.
- Approval of telework agreements must be obtained from your department head, and Vice President/Provost.
Time to reconnect!
Once all the paperwork is completed, it’s time to return to offices and reconnect with colleagues to prepare for the fall semester. The Return of the Bulldogs Staff Reunion on Thursday, July 15, 3-5 p.m. is designed to reignite the energetic interactions that define the BSU campus. Don’t miss the opportunity to join in the food, fun and games with your BSU family on Holmes Quad from 3 – 5 p.m.
Planning for student and faculty August return
Students and faculty returning on Aug. 23 should take their first vaccine dose by July 9 to be in compliance by the return date. View the full Vaccination Guidance Schedule.
Vaccination is available on campus every Monday and Wednesday, 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. Make appointments in the Wellness Patient Portal. You may also visit covidvax.maryland.gov for other vaccination sites in Maryland.
If you have questions about the return-to-campus transition, please email email@example.com and monitor the COVID-19 Updates web section for the latest information.