June 23, 2021
For many families, summer often means family reunion time. As the BSU Bulldog family begins returning to campus in July, we can look forward to a series of Family Reunion activities with food, music and games to create a fun atmosphere for reconnecting with campus colleagues. Three reunion days are planned to welcome staff, faculty and students as they return. Mark your calendars and get ready for fun on the following dates:
Bulldog Family Reunion Events
- Thursday, July 15, 3-5 p.m. - Holmes Quad
- Line dance and game day activities
- Thursday, August 26, 3-5 p.m. - Holmes Quad
- Miniature putt-putt golf and other activities
- Thursday, September 9, 3-5 p.m. - Holmes Quad
- Karaoke and field game activities
Keeping Safety as Top Priority
Even as the campus and local communities move to resume many normal operations, the fight to defeat COVID-19 continues. Vaccination remains our single best weapon in this fight, so the requirement of vaccination of all students, faculty and staff will offer the best protection for our campus community. Additional safety precautions will continue to provide further protection for exempted unvaccinated individuals.
BSU will observe the following protocols based on CDC guidance for institutions with a mix of vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals:
- Masking: Outdoor masking relaxed for all individuals. Masks will continue to be required indoors for everyone regardless of vaccination status.
- Testing Vaccinated Individuals: Will be tested for COVID-19 every 30 days. Their badges in the Wellness Patient Portal will remain green with completion of daily symptom survey.
- Testing Non-vaccinated Individuals: Required testing strategy of 2 appointments with 3 tests per week for individuals with vaccination exemptions
- Daily Symptom Screening: All members of the BSU community must complete the daily symptom monitoring to retain the green badge access to campus.
- Enhanced Cleaning and Sanitation: Frequent cleaning of high traffic areas and classrooms; UV light sanitizing of ventilation systems campus wide
- PPE Distribution: Masks and hand sanitizer are available to all members of the community, and strategically available in all buildings and outdoor locations across campus. The need for Plexiglas barriers is significantly reduced in a highly vaccinated community, but is available upon request. Use the online form to request PPE supplies.