Apply for Student Emergency Relief Funds*
Bowie State University has finalized the process for students to begin receiving emergency funding under the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act approved by Congress. All BSU students enrolled in Fall 2020 should complete and submit the COVID-19 Certification Form that is available today through September 4, 2020. Funds will be divided evenly among the students who are certified.
Students’ answers to questions in the form will determine if you are eligible to receive the grant. The emergency grants may be used for expenses incurred as a result of the disruption of campus operations due to the coronavirus including food, housing, course materials, technology, health care, and childcare.
The following process will be used to disburse the funds to students:
- Monday, August 24 - COVID-19 Certification Form is available to enrolled students. You must use your BSU email address when completing the form.
- Friday, September 4, 11:59 p.m. - Deadline to submit the certification form
- Tuesday, September 8 - Student Accounts will process certification requests and refunds. These funds will not be used to offset any outstanding balances on a student’s account.
- Monday, September 14 - Students should begin receiving electronic refunds within five days of processing via the preferred electronic deposit method selected through Bank Mobile
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
* Important update: You must resubmit your application for Student Emergency Relief Funds if you applied before August 25, 11:45 a.m. We have resolved the technical issue with the CARES Act Application.