June 28, 2022
Remember COVID-19 Safety Practices for a Healthy Summer
While there is a lower number of persons on campus during the summer months, the need to be diligent in observing COVID-19 safety practices remains high. To assure that the Bowie State University campus continues to strive for low instance of positive cases, each member of the community must take responsibility to do our part. Everyone is reminded to take the following actions:
- Monitor your personal health daily and complete the symptom screening survey in the Wellness Portal so that any patterns of change in the health of the campus can be identified.
- Get tested every time you have symptoms or exposure to someone who tests positive.
- Report any positive results, including from self-tests, through the Wellness Portal and isolate for five days.
- Continue to wear masks indoors at your discretion, especially if you are in a high-risk group.
- Keep your hands clean and use the sanitizer stations placed throughout the campus.
- BSU Bulldog Academy and external camps will receive their COVID-19 protocols from program leadership.
All safety measures instituted on campus during the pandemic remain in place and provide an additional layer of protection against the disease. HVAC systems in all buildings have UV light systems to sanitize airflow and portable air filters have been placed in classrooms and other spaces. Plexiglas barriers also remain in place. Please remember,
- The university still strongly encourages all members of the campus community to be fully vaccinated and up-to-date on all boosters, when eligible, as the best defense against COVID-19.
- The vaccination and booster requirement remains in place for residential students and athletes as they live in close communal situations. Additional information will be provided from residential life.
- Regular mandatory twice-weekly testing continues for residential students with exemptions. All others should test if you have symptoms or exposure to someone who tests positive.
- Broad testing may be implemented in certain situations.
As we move forward in the coming weeks and months, we will continue to monitor the course of COVID-19 on the campus and in the surrounding community and adjust these protocols as needed. Our goal continues to be protecting the health and safety of every member of the BSU community as we stay focused on our education mission.Please continue to check your email for updates and regularly check the Coronavirus Information webpage for the latest information. If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org