April 1, 2020
Changes to Library Operations
The Thurgood Marshall Library will close all in-person services on Thursday, April 2 at 5:00 p.m., and begin full remote support for Bowie State University students and faculty. Library staff will be available to respond to inquiries and assist with research references via the Library Help Desk during the following hours: Monday - Thursday: 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., and Friday: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Members of the BSU community may access all of the library services from the website at https://www.bowiestate.edu/library/. Click on the OneSearch button on the Library homepage to access the BSU online catalog and other resources. BSU Library credentials will be required to use databases and some other resources.
- Login Instructions to Access Library Resources: The Bulldog Card of all current students and faculty includes a 14 digit Library ID number.
This LIB# and your last name (all lowercase) should be entered on the pop-up screen that appears when you select library resources to access. If you don’t have your Bulldog Card or have trouble with login, contact the Library Help Desk.
- The Research Help page provides access to several reference resources including:
- A-Z Databases (Find the best library databases for your research)
- E-Journal Search (Find E-Journals by Title, ISSN, or Subject)
- Fetch item - CitationLinker (Find a specific journal article, a journal or book by citation information)
- LibGuides (Subject Guides)
- OneSearch (A tool for simultaneously searching for articles, books and media)
- Returning books is on hold during this period of travel restrictions imposed due to the COVID-19 emergency. Fines and fees are being waived at this time.
- Interlibrary loan of resources from other USM libraries is not available at this time.
The library staff is available Monday – Friday to assist with any questions regarding library services or resources via the Library Help Desk. Please continue to monitor the University’s Coronavirus Updates webpage for updated information or send question via email to email@example.com.