Testing and screening for COVID-19 symptoms are important components of BSU safety protocols to protect against coronavirus spread on campus.
Thurgood Marshall Library, Rm. 1200
Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Requirements, Protocols & Screening
- Fully vaccinated: test every 30 days
- Vaccine exemption:test two times per week
- Close contact with positive person: test five days after first exposure
- Persons who test positive for COVID-19 must isolate for five days.
- Persons notified of a positive result should notify supervisor/instructor to confirm arrangements for absence
- Telework or remote learning is recommended, if the person is able
- Employees who are sick and unable to work should use sick leave
- After completion of five-day isolation, employees must take an at-home rapid test to confirm negative for COVID-19 infection. Employees should follow the Wellness Center contact tracing team's instruction to secure the at-home test kit at the Wellness Center curbside before leaving campus to begin isolation. If the rapid test is positive, an additional five days of isolation is required.
Close contact is defined as someone who was less than 6 feet away from an infected person for a cumulative total of 15 minutes or more over a 24-hour period regardless of mask use.
- Persons who are up-to-date with the vaccine (including booster if eligible) and are exposed to a positive individual do not need to quarantine if they have no symptoms.
- Persons without a booster shot (if eligible) and are exposed to a positive individual must quarantine, even if they have no symptoms, and test after five days.
The Wellness Portal uses a color-coded badging system to monitor compliance with COVID-19 daily symptom screening as well as testing and vaccine requirements. Students and employees must comply with all requirements to enter campus. Persons must log into the portal from a browser or click a link sent via email each day.
Badge Status Indicator
- Green = COVID-19 test is negative and the daily COVID-19 survey has been completed within 24 hours. Easy access to campus.
- Yellow = overdue items: no daily COVID-19 survey submitted or test last performed greater than 30 days. Access to campus granted with completion of survey or proof of testing appointment
- Red = COVID-19 positive or exposed to COVID-19 individual. No access to campus permitted.
- Purple = Not compliant with vaccine requirement. No access to campus permitted. Contact the Wellness Center at 301-860-4170.