The mission of the Career Development Center is to guide students and alumni through all phases of the career planning and decision-making process, and help them to develop, evaluate and implement comprehensive career and educational plans that will prepare them for success. DREAM IT. PLAN IT. LIVE IT.
We are committed to creating an environment of student centeredness and providing innovative approaches that help undergraduate and graduate students and alumni learn how:
- to find career opportunities related to their values, skills, interests, and personality
- to make informed decisions about their career goals
- to participate in Experiential Learning opportunities
- to develop job seeking skills
- to connect with employers and Bowie State University alumni
- to understand the forces at play in the global market and the new economy and how they affect the world of work