Email Migration Info
Office 365 FAQs
To: Bowie State University Campus Community
From: Wayne Rose, Vice President for Information Technology & CIO
Re: BSU IT Infrastructure Update- Office 365 and Cloud Email
Date: August 15, 2016
Based on our information technology systems and infrastructure advancements, we are happy to inform you that we are ready to implement the new Microsoft Office 365 virtualized platform!
This will provide better communication, collaboration, and facilitate enhanced connectivity with faculty, staff and students via a range of communication tools to include email in the cloud, IM (instant messaging), and workstation/device video conferencing.
What this means:
This means that all Microsoft Office applications, to include Outlook email, will be available via the Microsoft Cloud. Users will benefit in the following ways:
- Ability to download the MS Office application on up to five personal machines/tablets/smart devices, etc.
- Better malware, phishing and spam email protection
- Access to all email, contacts, and shared calendars anywhere
- 50 gigabytes of email (in-box) storage capacity
- Unlimited email archive size restrictions for archiving old emails
In the coming weeks, we will share additional details on the many new benefits and features of Office 365 to include details on how this update will be beneficial to faculty members and enhance student learning.
DIT will coordinate and work with each department in the coming weeks and provide the required details towards implementing Office 365 to move Outlook (email) to the Microsoft Cloud.