Ready to lead. Prepared to succeed.
Your organization thrives when you partner with Bowie State.
Looking for your newest hires? Want to recruit an ambitious intern or host a Job Shadow Day? We can help you connect to our diverse, engaged student community.
Bowie State’s affordable, high-quality education gives our students access to state-of-the-art facilities and hands-on experiences in and out of the classroom. They are ready to make a difference for your organization from day one.
Meet Our Students
Cierra Campbell balances her work as a communication major and dream of being a filmmaker with a commitment to her teammates in the Bowie State track program and a commitment to her country in the ROTC.
Nichelle Hicks earned a prestigious D.C. tech internship as part of her studies in the Bowie State IT program while simultaneously fostering her love of theater as a lighting designer in several student productions.
What’s special about Bowie State?
We develop skilled, thoughtful students who can immediately support your work. At Bowie State, students benefit from:
- Diverse academic offerings in areas like business, cybersecurity, biotechnology, special education and criminal justice
- Hands-on, real-world experiences in their fields
- Opportunities to explore their passions and develop as leaders
Our students and alumni are making a difference.
Tap into our powerful local network of talented Bowie State students and successful alumni. Our students receive a quality educational foundation. Our graduates are achievers at the top levels of their fields.
Founded in 1865, Bowie State has built a legacy as Maryland’s oldest historically black university that continues to grow highly prepared graduates who impact the region’s economy.
- Bowie State is ranked among the top 30 HBCUs by U.S. News and World Report
- Bowie State has a top-five ranking among Maryland universities for graduating African Americans with bachelor’s degrees in biology and computer science
- Bowie State’s cybersecurity programs have been recognized as a model of excellence in information assurance education by the National Security Agency and the Department of Homeland Security