Bowie State students have access to an array of scholarships – each with its own set of criteria for consideration. New students are automatically considered for awards based on SAT/ACT scores and GPA provided on admission applications. Students are also encouraged to apply for private donor, department and external partner scholarships.
- Private Donor & Merit Scholarships
- Departmental Scholarships
- External Scholarships
- Additional Resources
Incoming Freshmen & Returning Students
The scholarship application deadline is extended until March 15.
Apply to be considered for multiple private donor scholarships (available for all students) and the Don S. Goodloe Distinguished Merit Scholarship (only available for first-time freshmen) for the 2024-25 academic year.
- Sign in using your BSU username and password (first-time freshmen can find instructions to setup their account in their acceptance email).
- Confirm your Bowie State email address and the phone number you want to use to receive text messages.
Once your application is complete, you will also be automatically matched to qualified external scholarships – be sure to complete those applications as well to be considered.
The application for first-time freshmen and returning students is open from December 1, 2023 - March 15, 2024. ONLY students who apply during this timeframe will be considered for available scholarships. Award amounts vary based on funding and student eligibility.
- Current freshmen can apply starting Jan 2, 2024 after their Fall 2023 semester grades have been posted.
- If you are a prospective student whose application status for Fall ’24 has been pending over 6 weeks, email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
The application for transfer students for Academic Year 2024-2025 will open on March 1, 2024 – the application will close on April 30, 2024. ONLY students who apply during this timeframe will be considered for available scholarships. Award amounts vary based on funding and student eligibility.
Questions? Contact the Office of Private Scholarships and Grants email@example.com