The Digital Cinema & Time Based Media concentration focuses primarily digital (narrative) video/film production, video and time-based art and film. Students will be introduced to writing, producing, directing and editing/compositing for various new and time-based, digital media and web-based media and to cinema and independent filmmaking and production in general. The objectives of the new concentration are as to prepare graduates to enter a career in visual communication with a focus on digital video, film and other time-based media.
Expected Student Learning Outcomes
After successful completion of coursework, portfolio reviews, exhibitions, internships and senior thesis projects, students will be able to:
- Organize the advanced elements of the visual language creating harmonious and unique designs for advertisement and communication
- Demonstrate the organizational principles that underline the effective manipulation of the optical elements over time in 2D and 3D space
- Demonstrate a full command of a variety of software packages and develop creative and effective problem-solving skills
- Apply techniques and concepts in cinema studies, video/film production, editing and compositing
- Apply typography, elements and principles of design to digital video/film projects
- Create projects using advanced cinema, narrative video and digital video/imaging techniques.
- Design and utilize projects incorporating sound processing, digital video, animation, motion graphics and editing software.
- Research, critique and discuss the work by professional film/video makers, designers, visual artists, web artists, animators, and others who use digital video and technologies in their work.
- Apply basic digital video processing techniques.
- Apply file management and data storage options including import/export/publishing considerations and codec’s, file formats for video.
- Assemble a cumulative portfolio or demo reel, DVD and website
Follow us @vcdma | vcdma empowers