Sustainability tips from Prince George's County Department of Environment
In 2007, the university established the Climate Commitment Coordinating Committee (C4) to initiate the development of a comprehensive plan to achieve climate neutrality on campus. BSU has already reduced its carbon footprint by 15% since 2007 and the goal is to obtain carbon neutrality by 2021. In 2015, the university also signed the new Climate Commitment and White House Act on Climate Pledge part of which is the cornerstone to the Paris Climate Agreement.
Part of BSU's goal is to be conscious of how energy resources are utilized in our buildings. Our Lucid Energy dashboard touchscreen displays are located in the Student Center between the Bowie Card Office and the BSU Ticket Office and in the Center for Natural Sciences, Mathematics and Nursing (CNSMNS) on the entrance facing the torch as you walk in to the left. See real-time data on energy utilization in the Student Center here: Bowie State Student Center Dashboard. See real-time data on energy utilization in the CNSMN here: Bowie State CNSMN Dashboard
Our campus now has a large scale solar panel installation which generates about 10% of the campus energy needs. The panels are located in four locations on campus. Check out the BSU Solar Dashboard through WGL Energy here.
Articles of Interest
- U.S. Cities with the cleanest air
- Colombia’s growing sustainable farming movement
- College of William & Mary signs solar power agreement with Dominion Energy
- Three Charlotte Universities Unite to Support Racial Healing and Transformation
- Microsoft will be Carbon Negative by 2030
- Electric-vehicle Super Bowl Ads
- Antarctica reaches hottest temperature ever!