Enhance your career in technology and enterprise with a Master of Science degree in Information Systems & Sciences. Bowie State’s skilled faculty guide students through advanced concepts that leverage information technology to improve and secure business operations. Graduates emerge as experts ready for careers in the analysis, design, implementation and management of information systems.
Those with a focused interest in cybersecurity have the option to add the Information Assurance concentration. Our innovative cyber programs have earned BSU the recognition as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense by the National Security Agency (NSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
- What You’ll Learn
- Program Requirements
- Admissions Requirements
- Admissions Process
The Information Systems & Sciences program prepares professionals for the challenges associated with designing, developing, and managing information technology-based systems and solutions for business, industry and government. Focus areas include enterprise information technology systems, data analytics, IT system project management, cybersecurity and information assurance, IT entrepreneurship and innovation and health informatics.
- Utilize state-of-the-art modeling technology to build business processes models, data models, information models and system architectures.
- Identify and develop business opportunities and innovative solutions using emerging information technologies.
- Explore the vulnerability, threat and risk associated with information technology (IT) systems.
- Understand the process of auditing IT systems and processes.
- Meet compliance requirements for data and communication security and privacy.
- Develop and manage IT system projects and outcomes.
- Develop and manage data and data analytics products and services.