Due to forecasted inclement weather the Homecoming parade has been cancelled.
- Parade Line Up: 8:00 a.m.
- Parade/Float Check in: 7:30-8:00 a.m.
- Please DO NOT STOP along the parade route. All entries must keep forward momentum so the Parade will end at a reasonable time. Parade Pacers will be strategically placed along the Parade Route to assist you in maintaining your forward movement.
- No entry or individual, will be permitted to throw or toss any type of item to the crowds along the parade route. Thrown items can injure spectators and entice children to run onto the parade route. Any entry throwing items will immediately be escorted out of the parade and will be banned from entering future parades.
- Absolutely NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES will be allowed in the staging areas before, during or after the Parade, or, of course, within the Parade itself.
- Smoking is prohibited within the Parade. If you must smoke before or after the Parade, please move well away from staging and/or dispersal areas to protect non-smokers, and floats and costumes that may be flammable.
- Your Line-Up Number must be displayed in clear sight on the RIGHT SIDE of your entry and at the BACK of your entry. Your Line-Up Number will help your Division Leader facilitate the sequential order for the Parade line-up. You will be provided your Line-Up Number at the Check-In Station.
- Two objectives for the 2022 BSU Parade are to promote community spirit among parade participants and to provide quality entertainment for parade spectators.
- Entries should be entertaining, creative and family-friendly.
- Clearly identify your entry, with the NAME of your group or organization. Spectators want to know who you are. We suggest that you attach signs to your float or have people carry a banner at the front of your entry.
- All entries especially floats, need to be viewable on both sides. All entries are encouraged to include music as part of their entry. Battery-powered boom boxes are excellent for this.
We will adhered to Prince George’s County COVID Requirements as posted.
- Buses/Vans drop off: Wal-Mart (Bowie)
- Buses/Vans pick up: Macy's (Bowie Town Center)
- University Viewing Stand: Macy's Store Front
- Parade Route: Bowie Town Center
- Game: 2 p.m. at Bulldog Field, Bowie State University