Emergency Preparedness Academic Computing Workshops
All workshops are online due to campus partial lockdown
1. Building and grading the Comprehensive Examination Online; it is recorded in the COMPs Master Template. One-On-One sessions can be requested to email@example.com
2. Getting Started with Blackboard – Virtual Edition, self-paced course available online to all faculty -open Courses Tab in Blackboard and find it. Instructors: Dr. Fabio Chacon and Ms. Tolulope Oladipo
Objective: Participants would be able to teach their courses off-campus, using the tools of Blackboard Learn, Blackboard Collaborate and Starfish
Duration: It is a self-paced course that can be taken in six hours or less, depending of the time dedicated to it.
Enrollment: The course is self-enrolled, in Blackboard Courses Tab, go to Course Search and type 'Getting Started' to search, follow prompts to enroll.
3. Blackboard Basics I and Quick Start for Blackboard Learn – Virtual Session
08/02/2021, 2:00PM to 4:00PM - 08/04/2021, 1:00PM to 3:00PM
This workshop focuses on the Blackboard Environment: instructor and student view, posting your syllabus and announcing changes, view a list of students, taking attendance with Qwickly, Acccommunicate and interact with students- discussions, announcements, blog, journals, creating tests, assignments, contents, and grading basics.
11/04/2020, 5:00PM to 7:00PM - 11/10/2020, 5:00PM to 7:00PM - 01/06/2021, 5:00PM to 7:00PM - 01/20/2021, 5:00PM to 7:00PM
5. Copy a Course and Partner Content Integration,
4. Blackboard Intermediate- Assignments, SafeAssign, TurnitIn and Grade Center and Grade Transfer to PeopleSoft
Get started with SafeAssign, supported files, SafeAssign originality reports, grade with SafeAssign, hands-on with SafeAssign. TurnitIn and other Instructional tools.posting grades in Blackboard Grade Center, transferring grades to PeopleSoft.
4. Blackboard Intermediate and Virtual Class Lecturing - Sessions for Winter and Spring 2021.
This workshop constitutes a comprehensive training focused on adjunct faculty needs and teaching with Blackboard. It focuses on customizing your course.
Partners’ Content; Course Tools and Other Tools, communicating with your students: Announcements, Discussion, Blogs and Chat, Notifications Dashboard
Grade Center Columns for Sum of Points or Weighted Grade, Extra Credit, iCAN: set your profile, find students, tracking students, flags, flag surveys, messaging, and appointments, copying your Blackboard updates to a new term. Hands-on training on minimum skills for teaching a course in online synchronous mode usin Bb Collaborate Ultra or Zoom.
11/18/2020, 5:00PM to 7:00PM - 11/24/2020, 5:00PM to 7:00PM - 01/13/2021, 5:00PM to 7:00PM - 01/21/2021, 5:00PM to 7:00PM
6. Department Chairs Only: Overseeing Course Development and Delivery with Blackboard Tools
This workshop adresses the Chair's procedures for overseeing online instruction: course search, visible and hidden elements of courses, Blackboard Reports, EesySoft Reports.
11/03/2020, 10:00AM to 11:00AM - 11/12/2020, 2:00PM to 3:00PM
By December 7, all online courses of winter and most online courses of spring should be ready. The workshop delineates steps for doin an internal Quality Matters review, looking at the essential standards. It includes orientations about how to follow up with any changes needed.
12/09/2020, 5:00PM to 7:00 PM
NOTE: In addition, Dr. Fabio Chacon and Ms. Tolulope Oladipo offer on-request online appointment hours for advisory on course technology and troubleshooting, send request by email specifiying course section.
- Dr. Fabio Chacon, phone: 23922 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ms. Tolulope Oladipo, phone: 301-892-2604 or email email@example.com