Center for Natural Sciences, Mathematics and Nursing
By the NumbersThe LEED Platinum certified Center for Natural Sciences, Mathematics and Nursing is one of the region’s premier centers for transformational learning and research. Here, students are empowered to discover a passion for their studies and achieve success in their future careers.
- 149,000 gross square feet
- $102 million project cost
- 6,000-square-foot, three-story Commons
- 125-seat, three-story cylindrical "Beacon"
- 23 research and instructional labs
- 14 flexible classrooms
- 5 active learning classrooms and labs
- 1 fully enclosed greenhouse
- 1 nursing simulation wing
The building design and construction were guided by three overarching principles: student engagement, flexibility and sustainability.
Distinctive features include:
- Glass-walled labs and classrooms in an open floor plan that offer a peek into science and research in action
- Flexible classrooms with movable walls and furnishings that support interactive, collaborative learning
- 25,000 square feet of dynamic glazed windows that tint on-demand to lower energy usage and provide unobstructed access to outdoor views and natural daylighting