By the NumbersThe LEED Platinum certified Center for Natural Sciences, Mathematics and Nursing is one of the region’s premier centers for transformational learning and research. Here, students are empowered to discover a passion for their studies and achieve success in their future careers.
- 149,000 gross square feet
- $102 million project cost
- 6,000-square-foot, three-story Commons
- 125-seat, three-story cylindrical "Beacon"
- 23 research and instructional labs
- 14 flexible classrooms
- 5 active learning classrooms and labs
- 1 fully enclosed greenhouse
- 1 nursing simulation wing
The building design and construction were guided by three overarching principles: student engagement, flexibility and sustainability.
Distinctive features include:
- Glass-walled labs and classrooms in an open floor plan that offer a peek into science and research in action
- Flexible classrooms with movable walls and furnishings that support interactive, collaborative learning
- 25,000 square feet of dynamic glazed windows that tint on-demand to lower energy usage and provide unobstructed access to outdoor views and natural daylighting