Bowie Day Program
This program provides students with the opportunity to experience the workplace up close and personal. Employers plan an interactive on-site program where students will be able to:
- Get an insider’s view of your organization
- Meet key personnel and find out skills needed to be successful in the field
- Observe the day-to-day activities of your staff, discuss specific jobs and careers, and sometimes obtain limited hands-on experience
- Take a tour of your facility
- Eat lunch and begin establishing their career network
We will provide transportation to and from your location, as well as attend the event with faculty and students.If you would like to plan a Bowie Day at your site, please complete and submit the Bowie Day registration form.
Participate in our Job Shadow Program
The Job Shadow Program provides students the opportunity to explore occupations of interest to them. Students will be paired with a professional employed in their prospective occupation and will shadow them at their place of employment during the winter break (January) or spring break (March).Students participating in this program will be able to:
- Interact with professionals and learn skills needed to be successful in that occupation
- Take a behind the scene look at daily work activities involved in that occupation
- Enhance their academic experience
- Network and build relationships with professionals
For an in-depth description of this program, please review the Job Shadow Guide. To participate in this program, please complete and submit the Job Shadow Program registration form.
Participate in our Practice Interview Program
This is a great opportunity for employers and alumni to volunteer to share their industry and career expertise with Bowie’s students. Students get a chance to practice their interviewing skills, become familiar with commonly asked questions and to receive feedback about their interviewing style.The Practice Interview Program also provides employers the opportunity to build their brand on-campus and gain additional exposure to Bowie’s students. Employers and Alumni volunteer to conduct 30 minute long interviews (15 minutes for the interview; 15 minutes for feedback) which are conducted in the Career Development Center.If you are interested in participating, please complete our PIP form.
Student Engagement/Career Fairs
We offer several opportunites for student engagement as well as multiple career fairs during the fall and spring semesters. Learn more about student engagement and our career fairs.