Applicants must hold a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution and have a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or better (on a 4.0 point scale). Those with a 2.0 and 2.49 may be granted conditional admission, which will be removed once your GPA reaches 3.0 or better after the completion of the first nine credit hours.
- Complete the BSU Graduate School application
- Submit an official copy of your undergraduate transcript
- Pay the application fee
A maximum of six graduate credits, completed with a grade of B or better, may be transferred from other institutions.
These transfer courses must be related to degree requirements offered in the organizational communications program or acceptable substitutes for electives taken from other programs of Bowie State University’s Graduate School.
- Transfer credits must remain within a total span of seven years, and there is a seven-year limit to the program.
- Credits are not accepted in practicum, applied research or seminar courses.
- Credits used to complete one master’s degree may not be used toward another master’s degree.
- Credits may not be used for more than one degree at the graduate level.