You will design, develop, manage, and evaluate information technology and systems that are critical to surveillance, assessment, and assurance practices. At Bowie State University, you will learn to:
- Explain core public health functions, data, theories, and methods.
- Apply project management principles to manage and direct public health informatics projects.
- Apply system development lifecycle (SDLC) to public health informatics application projects.
- Perform data management and analytical support for population and public health.
- Recommend strategies and solutions that ensure confidentiality, security, and integrity.
- Effectively communicate technical documents and presentations, both verbally and in writing.
If you are an IT student, you will learn public health knowledge and abilities; and if you are a public health student, you will learn IT management and skills. Your certificate can be a complement to your graduate degree or completed as a post-baccalaureate advanced specialization training.