It is our intent and purpose to provide students with educational and entertaining activities within the realm of psychology. We aim to serve as a forum for students to discuss psychology, its related issues, and how psychology affects student life. This organization also seeks to provide students with exposure and insight into the different areas of psychology, graduate programs, volunteer opportunities, and prospective employment resources.
Psi Chi is a national honor society whose purpose is to encourage, stimulate, and maintain excellence in scholarship of the individual members in all fields, particularly in psychology, and to advance the science of psychology.The mission of Psi Chi is to produce a well-educated, ethical, and socially responsible member committed to contributing to the science and profession of psychology and to society in general.
Fundamentals for accomplishing the above mission:
- Advance science and the profession of psychology
- Promote an educational experience consistent with the mission
- Promote ethical and socially responsible members and leaders
- Define and establish an organizational structure that promotes our mission
- Recognize and foster the contributions that diversity makes to the science and practice of psychology