- Fall Semester and Summer Session - June 1
All documents must be submitted by June 30. School Psychology application and all documents must be submitted by April 1.
- Spring Semester - November 1
All documents must be in by November 1.
In addition to meeting admissions requirements, international applicants must take the following steps:
1. Complete the Graduate Application
Apply online by June 1 for Fall Admissions and November 1 for Spring Admissions.
2. Submit Official Transcript(s)
Provide official transcripts from each college or university from the US you’ve attended. Transcripts may be submitted electronically at firstname.lastname@example.org from your college or university or mailed to the Office of Graduate Admissions, Bowie State University, 14000 Jericho Park Road, Bowie, MD 20715.
All international applicants must also submit an evaluation of their foreign transcripts showing the U.S. equivalent of any coursework taken outside of the United States. BSU accepts evaluations from the following organizations:
3. Submit Proof of English Proficiency
If the applicant’s native language is not English, they must also provide evidence of English language proficiency by taking the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) examination or the International English Language Testing System. An official record of the TOEFL with a minimum score of 550 (213for the computer-based test) and (75 or higher for the internet test) must be sent directly from the Educational Testing Service to Bowie State. IELTS minimum score has to be a 5.5 or above. Test scores must be submitted by all international students, except the following:
- Non-native speakers of English who have graduated or transferred from secondary and postsecondary institutions in English-speaking countries, provided they have spent a minimum of two years there, have successfully completed 18 credits, and the language of instruction was English; or
- Students from countries where English is the language of instruction in the educational system.