Racing to Excellence
3 Strategic Priorities
- Academic Excellence
- Student Success
- Viability of the University
My vision for Bowie State University is to build on strength and excellence together as a community of learners to:
- Preserve the lasting legacy of Bowie State University as the first Historically Black Institution in the State of Maryland.
- Continue to build academic excellence.
- Create curricular and co-curricular opportunities supportive and engaging of 21st generation of learners.
- Encourage and support the diversity of learners enrolled at Bowie State University.
- Create new partnerships in our local and global communities.
- Develop new and distinctive programs that uniquely define Bowie State University.
- Demonstrate fiscally sound models, metrics and accountability measures to our internal and external stakeholders in public higher education.
- Promote the value of the quality educational experience provided by Bowie State University faculty, staff and administrators.
- And ensure the long-term viability of the university - growing the resources we need to support our mission for access and affordability to a quality education.