The Career Development Center offers you a wide variety of events, services, and information. Whether you are beginning your college experience or are nearing graduation, we can assist you with choosing a major, exploring your career options, developing your job search skills, preparing for graduate school, and connecting with employers. We are your first step for all things career-related. So take a moment to explore this comprehensive website and familiarize yourself with all we have to offer! We look forward to helping you.
Focus: Exploring academic and career interests and selecting a major
- Schedule an appointment to meet with a staff member in the Career Development Center
- Take the SIGI 3 assessment to identify skills, interests, personal preferences and work-related values.
- Strength Finder: Administered for incoming Freshman, currently not tied into the Career Center
- Explore and research possible career fields using the What Can I Do with My Major? database
- Attend career related workshops and presentations
Choose a Major
- Get to know the professors and advisors in your chosen major
- SIGI 3
- Visit the academic departments and meet with faculty to ask
- Attend the Exploring Majors Fair (Academic Advising Center)
- Log in to free Handshake account to search for jobs and/or internships
- Resume & Cover Letter writing
- Apply for on-campus job
- Activate your Handshake account to search for jobs and/or internships
Career Fair & Employer Events
- Attend Career Fair and Employer events during fall and spring semesters
- Start building your professional wardrobe
- Bowie Business Boutique offers a selection of professional clothing to students free of charge. The Bowie Business Boutique is open every Wednesday from 9am-12pm and 2pm-4pm.