Academic Advising in the Department of Computer Science
Each of the students had an assigned faculty adviser. The information on who your adviser is in Bulldog Connection. You are required to reach out to your advisor for course advising. The advisor and the student share the responsibility of actively participating in the process of academic advisement. Initiate contact with your faculty advisor early in the semester.
Come prepared to your advising sessions with a potential schedule for the upcoming semester. Always read your BSU e-mail and other important communication tools provided by BSU and/or your faculty advisor. Know the Academic Calendar. Do not miss deadlines: know when to register and when to drop/add each semester. Schedule courses consistent with those required for your major/minor/second major in order to meet graduation requirements.
If you cannot find your faculty advisor, please reach out to Professional Adviser for the Department of Computer Science, who sits in the front office on Tuesday and Thursday from 08:00 to 5:00 pm, Ms. Scott (email@example.com).
The following links have helpful advising information:
- The Computer Science - Sample Four-Year plan (PDF - for those who joined the program before Fall 2021)
- Sequence Diagram for program Requirements (PDF - for those who joined the program before Fall 2021)
- The Computer Science -Sample Four-Year plan (PDF - for those who joined Fall 2021)
- Sequence Diagram for program requirements (PDF - for those who joined Fall 2021)
- The Computer Science Elective Sequence Plan (PDF)
- The MATH Sequence for Computer Science (PDF)