Girls Who Will (GWW) is a summer program for middle and high school girls that provides innovative technology education to girls in the Washington, DC, Maryland, and Virginia areas.
- June 26 - July 7, 2023 (except July 4), from 9:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- In-person location: Bowie State University
- Cost $400 (includes all-you-can-eat lunch, materials, and supplies)
- Must be in middle school or high school, and between age 12 and 17
- Must have an interest in computers and excelling in school
- Applications are due Friday, April 14, 2023
- The committee will select up to 20 students per camp (middle school and high school)
- The committee will notify selected campers on Friday, April 21, 2023
- Registration is not a guarantee of acceptance to the camp
- If selected, the $400 payment must be received by Monday, May 22, 2023
- Payments for camp can be made to Bowie State University, Girls Who Will Summer Camp, account # 990265:
- Credit card over the phone to the Bowie State University Cashier’s office (301.860.3495), Monday – Friday 8 a.m.– 4:30 p.m.
- Mailed to Bowie State University, Attention: Cashier’s Office, Henry Admin Building, 14000 Jericho Park Road, Bowie, MD 20715
- In-person, at the Bowie State University Cashier’s office, 1st Floor in the Henry Administration Building, Monday – Friday 8 a.m.– 4:30 p.m.
Tentative Daily Schedule
Schedule is subject to change.
- 9:30 a.m. - 9:45 a.m.
Arrival and check-in
- 9:45 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
- 10:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
- 11:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Guest speaker/group projects
- 4:00 p.m.
Campers check out for the day
- Data science skills
- Mobile app development
- Digital literacy
- 3D Modeling and animation
- Much more!
Dr. Velma Latson
Assistant Professor, Department of Technology & Security