Bowie State University is actively monitoring the outbreak of respiratory illness caused by the novel coronavirus. Get the latest university-wide updates.
The Wellness Center is open and accepting appointments for in-person and telehealth visits. Flu shots are now available as well.
Please call (301) 860-4170 to schedule an appointment. Students will be charged a $5 no-show fee if they do not cancel their appointment 24 hours ahead of time.
The Henry Wise Wellness Center provides students with easily accessible and confidential primary care services in a supportive and compassionate environment.
Public Health Guidelines for Return to Campus - Fall 2021
- Update your medical history and upload your immunization records, including COVID-19 vaccines, through the Patient Portal under Medical Clearances.
- All students are required to have a PCR COVID-19 test collected one week before coming to campus. Upload COVID-19 test results through the Patient Portal.
- Enter your medical history directly under the Medical Clearances tab in the Patient Portal. Upload official documents such as immunization records.
- By August 15, 2021, begin to complete daily COVID screening questionnaire. You will be required to complete a daily survey if you will be on campus that day.
- You will be required to wear your face mask indoors to keep our campus healthy.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Allergy and Immunology - flu and Tetanus vaccinations
- Lab services - limited onsite Quest Diagnostic Laboratory tests available by appointment
- Nutrition Lounge (open Monday to Friday 10am to 2pm) except holidays
- Pharmacy services - limited prescriptive and over the counter medications provided
- Primary Care - evaluation and treatment of acute and chronic illnesses;
- Sexual Assault/Intimate Partner Violence Counseling
- Sports / academic physical
- STI/HIV Screenings
- Wellness Counseling
- Women's Health - examinations such as pregnancy testing, well woman exams, and contraception counseling
- Patient Portal: Update your medical histories or upload your immunization record.
- Mandatory Health Requirements: Find out about student immunization requirements.
- Student Health Insurance Information: Students are encouraged to maintain health insurance coverage. Those who are not covered under their parents’ health insurance can sign up for individual coverage under the Affordable Care Act.
- Health Forms: Access important allergy and immunization forms.