Prepare for a successful and lucrative career with a bachelor’s degree in software engineering. This innovative program exposes students to state-of-the-art technologies for developing complex software applications for business corporations, government systems, mobile systems, web systems, and embedded systems.
At Bowie State, the combination of hands-on learning, group course work and internships with industry leaders builds a strong foundation for a bold future in tech.
- What You’ll Learn
- Special Opportunities
- Career Paths
Our modern, active-learning curriculum applies engineering principles and practices to the development of software systems. With guidance from expert faculty, you will:
- Explore emerging topics like mobile systems, web computing and DevSecOps.
- Identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics.
- Apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors.
- Develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
- Study software engineering approaches that address ethical, social, legal, and economic concerns.