The multi-billion dollar sports market is a fast-growing industry that offers a wide range of career options. With a bachelor’s degree in sport management, you’ll have the knowledge and skills needed to excel in this diverse and profitable field through educational experiences which include in-class and field experiences. Course offerings include marketing, facility management, legal aspects of sports, and much more. Bowie State’s sport management program offers several paths to success.
- What You’ll Learn
- Career Paths
- Special Opportunities
Our flexible program adapts to your individual interests as well as changes in the job market. Our faculty will guide you through the core principles of sport management, then help you build on that knowledge with a personalized plan to meets your specific academic goals. You will:
- Delve into the business and financial aspects of the sports field.
- Understand the management of sport organizations such as structure, design, planning, effectiveness, as well as management of facilities and more
- Examine the key role of sales, marketing, social media, brand management, and community relations in amateur and professional sports.
- Explore the impact in areas such as governance, ethics, and legal issues in the sport management field
- Analyze diversity, psychological, sociological aspects of sport, athletics, and recreation