Community service allows those participating to reflect on the difference they are making in society.
Some participants of a community service project may find themselves gaining a greater understanding of their roles in the community, as well as the impact of their contributions towards those in need of service. Performing community service is valuable to the recipients, those serving often find it beneficial to pause and reflect on how they are changing society for the better.
Those involved in community service may find that after serving the community for an extended period of time, they have an advantage in real-world experience. Eventually, the skills and knowledge obtained while working with the community may be applied in future areas of work. Community service may also increase a participant's social connectivity. Because most community service opportunities allow others to interact and work with other individuals, this service may help volunteers network and connect with others towards a common goal.
Community Service Ideas
Local Volunteer Opportunities
- City of Laurel Government Volunteer Opportunities
- The Corporation for National and Community Service's Volunteer Opportunities
- Become a Green Team Volunteer - City of Bowie
- City of Bowie Volunteer Opportunities
- Bowie Fire Department Volunteer Opportunities
- The Bowie Interfaith Pantry and Emergency Aid Fund: How You Can Help
- Catholic Charities Volunteer Portal