Joining a fraternity or sorority is an excellent way to get involved on campus. The Office of Greek Life supports a learning community that inspires students to become involved outside of the classroom by finding a sense of community through brotherhood and sisterhood, character development, and academic initiatives.
Greek-Letter organizations instill in their members the importance of maintaining high moral, social and intellectual standards.
Membership provides opportunities for friendship, academic excellence, community service, campus involvement, personal growth, social development, mentoring, and networking.
Membership is based on very specific criteria, which is set forth by the organization and the university. Students seeking membership must meet the following criteria:
- Have a minimum 2.7 cumulative GPA
- Obtained a minimum of 24 credits (indicated on a BSU transcript)
- Be a full-time, degree-seeking, undergraduate student registered for a minimum of 12 credits
Transfer students must have the following:
- Have a minimum 2.7 cumulative GPA from Bowie State University (GPAs from previous institutions will not be considered)
- Obtained a minimum of 30 credits (indicated on a BSU transcript)
- Have matriculated at BSU for at least one semester
Greek Letter Organizations
The following Greek Letter Organizations have active chapters here at Bowie State University:
- A -
- D -
- G -
- I -
- K -
- O -
- P -
- S -