We are so excited to welcome you to Bowie State University. Although things are constantly changing, we have made adjustments to provide a safe and secure residential environment for our students and families with a broad spectrum of safety measures in place to minimize the presence of COVID-19 among the campus community.
New Students - August 21-23, 2021
Returning Students - August 27-29, 2021
As part of our efforts to minimize the number of people on campus and adhere to social distancing guidelines, students will have to sign-up for a move-in appointment. During the week of August 9, 2021, a link will be sent to BSU email accounts once the Office of Residence Life has verified the following:
- All students are required to be registered for a minimum of twelve credit hours. Login to Bulldog Connection to verify enrollment in classes for the fall semester. Returning students with less than sixty credit hours and who are not enrolled full-time can schedule an appointment with the Academic Advisement Center. Students with sixty credit hours or more should contact their academic advisor.
- Good financial standing: Students have one account with the university, and it must be paid in full. Please login to Bulldog Connection to verify your room charges, meal plan, tuition, and fees. Student accounts not in good financial standing with the university also can settle their accounts utilizing their financial aid award. In addition, for students who have an outstanding balance, the Office of Students Accounts offers the option of a payment plan.
- Students are required to provide proof of full vaccination. Either Modern/Pfizer (two shots) or Johnson & Johnson (one shot). Students are ONLY considered fully vaccinated 14 days after second dose of either Moderna/Pfizer or 14 days after Johnson & Johnson. Please submit proof of the Covid-19 vaccination to the Patient Portal.
Other Health Screening Requirements
New students are required to submit a copy of the Entrance Medical History Form (MS Word document) with a copy of your immunization records. Maryland State Law requires that campus residents receive the Meningitis A immunization. Submit your Entrance Medical History Form and supporting documents to the BSU Wellness Center Patient Portal or via fax at (301) 860-4179.
BSU Community Health and Safety Guidelines
In accordance with CDC recommendations, face masks or face coverings must be worn by everyone on campus, including all faculty, staff, students, vendors and visitors, in all buildings.
Read more about BSU’s Health & Safety Protocols
- You will have two hours to complete your move-in based on your assigned move-in appointment. You must adhere to the move in appointment.
- Residents may bring no more than two healthy helpers (at least 16 years old) to assist with vehicle unloading. University rolling carts will be available.
- While resident rooms will be thoroughly cleaned, students are encouraged to bring personal disinfecting and cleaning supplies and protective equipment at your discretion.
- At the end of your move-in time block, helpers will be required to leave campus. There will be no waiting area and only the two helpers will be allowed in the residence hall. Residents are encouraged not to bring additional people as they will have to remain in the vehicle.
- We will be unable to accommodate early or late arrivals. If you need to reschedule your assigned date & time, please contact us at email@example.com
Our staff will be here with you to assist you throughout the semester! We will send additional details and reminders via email. If you need our help or have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 301-860-5000.