The members of the Data Science and Analytics (DSA) Advisory Board at BSU come from diverse educational backgrounds, job roles, and have DSA expertise as well as domain experience in disciplines such as Health, Chemistry, and Economics. The DSA Advisory Board will offer input and feedback on the quality of the DSA modules, courses, labs, and Materials developed and delivered as well as guidance and direction to the progress of the project.
The Board will meet twice a year but have agreed to make themselves available for module input and advice. The members include:
- Dr. George Acquaah, BSU College of Arts and Sciences Dean and PI on NSF HBCU-UP Broadening Participation Grant (expertise STEM Problem-Based Learning)
- Janet Dade, Director of Enterprise at American Chemical Society
- Rudolph Escarne, Director at PricewaterhouseCoopers Advisory Services LLC
- Gayle Fink, Assistant Vice President for Institutional Effectiveness, BSU's Office of Planning, Analysis, and Accountability (OPAA)
- Dr. Navin Kumar, Director of Data Risk, Citi
- Clark Freifeld, Director of Health Data Analytics program at Northeastern University
- Laurie Heacock, VP of Data, Technology and Analytics Achieving the Dream, Inc.
- Avery Alexandria Joshua, Senior Manager at PricewaterhouseCoopers Advisory Services LLC
- Nickolaus Kelly (BSU Alumnus), Business Intelligence Consultant, IBM Watson Health
- Jon Lau, Chief Technology Officer for UMBC Training Center
- Mark A. Lawrence, President of Inncuvate Consulting
- Scott Leonard, Deputy Division Chief at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
- Randy Messina, Manager at IBM Watson
- Tenika Morgan, Senior Insights Analyst at Liveperson, Inc.
- Tony Saudek, Director of Performance Management Incapsulate Innovation
- Dartanion Williams, Founder and Principal Consultant, Data Science Corporation
- Vernard Wright, CIO/VP of Operations at Iron Bow Technologies