Students can be admitted even if they have not taken the SAT or ACT. Learn more about the policy.
Admission to Bowie State University is granted to all applicants who meet the University's admission standards. For first-time students-those who are graduating high school seniors or who have earned a General Education Diploma- the admission process evaluates grade point average, SAT/ACT scores, and counselor recommendations.
To be considered for admission, an application and all required documents must be submitted by the following deadlines:
Recommended Dates for the Fall Semester
- Early admission decision - December 1
- Priority admission - February 15
- New students living on campus - June 1
- New students living off campus - June 30
Recommended Dates for the Spring Semester
- Priority admission - November 1
- Regular admission - December 1
Priority consideration is given to applications received before the application deadlines.
You should submit the following to be considered for admission:
- Completed online application submitted with a non-refundable $40 application fee.
Checks should be made payable to: Bowie State University.
- Official high school transcripts forwarded directly from your high school to the Office of Admissions, Bowie State University, 14000 Jericho Park Road, Bowie, MD 20715.
- Official tests scores from either the Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT) or American College Testing Program (ACT) sent to the Office of Admissions. SAT or ACT scores from an official high school transcript are also accepted. (Learn about our Test-Optional Admissions Policy.)
Bowie State University College Code – 5401
Tip: Tests should be taken in the spring of a student's junior year or fall of a student's senior year.
The submission of an essay and letters of recommendation is optional. If submitted, they will be considered and can have a positive impact on your admission decision. Letters of recommendation should be obtained from teachers, counselors, school administrators, and/or community persons.
Letters should be sent to:
Office of Admissions
Bowie State University,
14000 Jericho Park Road,
Bowie, MD 20715
For More Information Contact