Nursing Student Success Center
Center for Natural Sciences, Mathematics, and Nursing, Room 2223
Bowie State University
14000 Jericho Park Road
Bowie, MD 20715
The NSSC/Writing Center is open for tutoring support. Log in to schedule or attend your live, real-time tutoring sessions with the Writing Center and/or the Nursing Student Success Center.
The Nursing Student Success Center (NSSC) provides Bowie State University undergraduate nursing students academic support services through supplemental instruction, academic coaching and NCLEX preparation to enhance retention, improve progression and increase NCLEX first time pass rate.
- Supplemental Instruction – the NSSC has the resources to provide supplemental instruction to the content in traditionally challenging nursing courses.
- Peer-to-Peer Tutoring - Provides an instructional strategy that consists of student partnerships that create an engaging dialog to review course content. This exchange of communication and ideas provides a positive environment for learning.
- NCLEX Preparation – NCLEX preparation is available to students post-graduation and throughout the program. NCLEX review courses are offered through the NSSC.
- Academic coaching – NSSC coaching provides one-on-one support as needed throughout the nursing program.
- Student-centered support – the NSSC follows continual improvement processes to ensure that services continue to support student needs.
Nursing Student Success Center/Writing Center
Log in to schedule or attend your live, real-time tutoring sessions with the Writing Center and/or the Nursing Student Success Center.
- Dr. Jacqueline J. Hill – Activity Director
- Donna Morgan – Program Management Specialist
- Tabita Rigsby-Robinson – Co-Founder and SI Leader
- Birhanu Workie – Open Lab
- Faith Udah – Peer-to-Peer Tutor
- Cedris Foster – Peer-to-Peer Tutor
- Taelor Francois Peer-to-Peer Tutor
- Renee Taylor – Peer-to-Peer Tutor