Nursing Student Success Center
Center for Natural Sciences, Mathematics, and Nursing, Room 2223
Bowie State University
14000 Jericho Park Road
Bowie, MD 20715
The Nursing Student Success Center (NSSC) provides Bowie State University undergraduate nursing students academic support services through supplemental instruction, academic coaching and NCLEX preparation to enhance retention, improve progression and increase NCLEX first time pass rate.
- Supplemental Instruction – the NSSC has the resources to provide supplemental instruction to the content in traditionally challenging nursing courses.
- NCLEX Preparation – NCLEX preparation is available to students post-graduation and throughout the program. NCLEX review courses are offered through the NSSC.
- Academic coaching – NSSC coaching provides one-on-one support as needed throughout the nursing program.
- Student-centered support – the NSSC follows continual improvement processes to ensure that services continue to support student needs.
- Tabita Rigsby-Robinson, MSN, RN - Director
- Dorothy Glisson, MSN, RN - Co-Director
- Donna Morgan - Program Management Specialist