Operation Navigation: Support During the First Year
Operation Navigation employs high achieving upperclassmen (Navigators) to help first-year scholars navigate the college experience. Navigators serve as big brothers/sisters. They maintain contact during the first year by checking in regularly and attending ELSS and university-sponsored events with their scholars. This consistent contact ensures that scholars have support navigating social issues and connecting with campus resources. Navigators commit to:
- checking in with scholars once a week,
- attending a minimum of three BSA or university-sponsored in-person or virtual events with scholars,
- participating in training and professional development activities,
- role modeling integrity and trustworthiness, and
- documenting navigator-scholar interactions.
We invite you to learn more about Operation Navigation using the links below or by contacting our staff.
- Learn about the Navigator-Scholar relationship
- Learn how to support first-year students by becoming a Navigator
- Learn how to set yourself up for success during your freshman year by partnering with a Navigator
- Learn about the benefits of participating in Operation Navigation