The Division of Academic Affairs facilitates excellence in teaching, learning and research at Bowie State.
In addition to our programs of study, Academic Affairs prepares students for success through experiential education, career development and opportunities for global learning. The division also builds a strong foundation for success by cultivating talented faculty, state-of-the-art facilities for groundbreaking research and resources that encourage innovative thinking.
From the first day of class until Commencement Day, Academic Affairs works to ensure that students are engaged and excelling as they pursue their degree.
The Division of Academic Affairs includes the following units:
- Academic Advisement Center
- Career Development Center
- Center for Academic Programs Assessment (CAPA)
- Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL)
- Continuing Education & External Programs
- Engaged Learning & Student Support
- Entrepreneurship Academy
- Honors Program
- International Education & Student Services
- Office of Planning, Analysis, & Accountability (OPAA)
- Office of Research & Sponsored Programs
- Testing Services
- Thurgood Marshall Library